Friday, March 09, 2007

Introduction

I am finally no longer considered an entry-level public relations practitioner and can now look back and reflect upon how I got where I am today. This blog will contain my advice for getting internships and your first PR job out of college. I hope it will spark conversation about tips and techniques, as well as the state of the job market. I also plan to interview key players in the public relations industry about their views of entry-level practioners and what we can all do to be successful.

I am the founder of what used to be EntryLevelPR.com. I know many people used the site while it was up and running, but I ran into health, time and money issues and could not continue the site. I want to thank all the interns for their hard work, and apologize profusely to the final set of interns I had. If there is anything I can do for you all now, please contact me. You did a wonderful job and deserve my recommendations. Better late than never, right? Again, my apologies.

I will post internship and job openings on this blog when I hear about them - and I encourage everyone to do the same. I would like this to be an open forum to exchange ideas and resources.

However, please note the following. Opposing views are welcomed. I will, however, delete your comment if you descend into personal attacks of other people's ideas or any other behavior that I deem unacceptable. Please be nice, everyone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been visiting this web-site for about a year. I have even applied to positions that where posted in the past. I know that no jobs have been posted for quite sometime. I will continue to visit the site.